Life moves fast, it moves even faster online. “Now that the internet can easily be accessed worldwide, the data transmitted online each second is overwhelming.” (Digital Information World)
Lori Lewis and Chadd Callahan of Cumulus Media compiled data for several online sites and apps detailing what happens in a minute.
Every 60 seconds:
- 973,000 log in to Facebook.
- There are 3.7 million search queries on Google.
- 481,000 Tweets are Tweeted on Twitter.
- 266,000 hours are watched on Netflix.
- There are 1.1 million swipes on tinder.
- 174,000 users scroll through the Instagram feed.
- 4 million Snaps are created on Snapchat.
- 3 million videos are viewed on YouTube.
- $862,823 is spent online.
- 18 million text messages are sent.
- 187 million emails are sent.
- 38 million Messages are sent.
- 25,000 GIFs are sent via Messenger.
- 67 voice-first devices (Amazon Echo, etc.) are shipped.
- 375,000 apps are downloaded.