- Do you have a Yelp profile?
- Do you have Yelp reviews?
- Do you get constant calls and emails from Yelp Sales Reps offering help to “boost your visibility” on Yelp?
If you have wondered if it’s worth it or not, you need to judge for yourself.
What is Yelp
Yelp is a business directory service and crowd-sourced review form designed to help local businesses by publishing crowd-sourced reviews about businesses. (Wikipedia)
Allowing consumers to view reviews and make purchasing decisions based on these reviews.
Yelp by the Numbers
- 35 million unique visitors, on average, visit the site monthly.
- Over 184 million reviews were written on yelp (by the end of Q1 2019.)
- 45% of consumers say they are likely to check reviews on Yelp before visiting a business.
The five most reviewed business categories on the site are:
- Home and Local Services
- Beauty and Fitness
- Arts and Entertainment
How consumers find reviews on Yelp:
- 75% use the Search feature.
- 21% look up the business directly.
- 1% link to reviews through email.
- 94% find reviews via Social Media (46% of these people find the links on Facebook.)
- 03% find business reviews via display advertising.
Claiming your business profile is free. Once claimed you can upload photos, menus, services, address, phone number, etc. You can also add links to your website and Social Media profiles.