Content Marketing is marketing that “involves the creation and sharing of online material (such as videos, blogs, and social media posts) that does not explicitly promote a brand but is intended to stimulate interest in its products or services.”
Nearly a decade in and Content is still King when it comes to effectively marketing a business’ services or products.
- 72% of marketers say content marketing increases engagement
- Social Media is one of the most effective types of content for B2C businesses to use for content marketing.
- 84% of people expect businesses and brands to provide content that entertains, tells a story, provides a solution, or creates experiences and events.
- 94% of consumers plan to make a purchase from a business they follow.
- 70% of internet users want to learn about products through content rather than traditional ads.
- 66% of people have found a new business on Twitter.
- 69% of people have bought something because of a tweet.
- Half of all 18-to 34-year-old YouTube subscribers would drop what they are doing to watch a video by their favorite creator.
- 40% of Millennials trust videos more than other content.
- Blog posts are the most shared content online.
- 84% of Millennials don’t trust traditional ads.
- Generation Z purchasing decisions are influenced more by content than traditional ads.
- It is predicted that video will represent 82% of all internet traffic in 2021.
- Email marketing provides an ROI of $40 for every dollar spent.
- The average person consumes 4 pieces of content before making a purchasing decision.
- Content Marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates around 3 times as many leads.
Content Marketing isn’t going anywhere.
Creating an effective Content Marketing strategy requires a consistent content creation and posting.