Believe it or not, Pinterest is one of the most effective marketing platforms out there. While most companies focus on Facebook, which works great for brand awareness and engagement, using an image-based platform is just as important.
- Pins have a long pin life.
- On average Pins are re-Pinned at least 10 times.
- The average Pin on Pinterest drives 2 website visits.
- 5% of all referral traffic to websites comes from Pinterest.
- The average Pin on Pinterest earns roughly 78 cents in sales.
- 87% of Pinners have purchased a product because they saw it on Pinterest.
- 93% of Pinners use Pinterest to plan their purchases.
- Pinterest users who interact with a Promoted Pin spend 7x more.
- Pinterest users who interact with a Promoted Pin have a 50% higher intent to purchase.
Business Benefits for Using Pinterest2
- Advertisers receive around 20% more clicks the month following the launch of a Promoted Pin ad campaign.
- 70% of sales from Promoted Pins are from new customers.
- Orders from Pinterest on a mobile device have increased by 140% since 2013.
While Facebook’s current News Feed algorithm is designed to show posts that are current and relevant, the lifespan of a post is short, which means it will own show to a certain number of people (based on if they are on the platform the time the post is updated, if they follow your Page, etc.)
Pins never go away. The more you post to Pinterest, the more people will Pin your posts, and the more visibility your business will receive. Your followers and customers become your word-of-mouth and spread your Pins for you and further than you ever could with a simple Pin.
Pin This: It’s Time to Use Pinterest to Market & Advertise
While most small to mid-sized businesses think Social Media Marketing is just an extra, a strategy implemented if there is budget left to use it. However, in 2018 and forward Social Marketing using relevant, informative, attractive, visual, content is going to be a requirement to the success of a business.
Social Media activity makes a business appear reputable, interesting, interactive, and loyal to its customer base. It also makes the path from product/service to sale much more efficient and possible.