Facebook is still the Social Networking Goliath, for most businesses it is the main platform used in a marketing strategy, and for good reason.
Here are a few updated stats to show that Facebook has not slowed down its effort to permeate our lives and some very good reasons to start using Facebook to market.
“Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.”
- 41 billion monthly active users (an 8% increase year-over-year.)
- 59 billion people on average log onto Facebook daily.
- 68% of Americans use Facebook.
- 74% of American Facebook users use the site daily.
- Facebook users check the site, on average, 8 times per day.
- Females 18 to 44 years-old are the most common users.
- Males 18 to 34 years-old are the most common users.
- Users age 65 and older has increased by 41%.
- Facebook has 80 million small and medium-sized business pages on the site, an increase of 23% year-over-year.
- 6% of the 80 million businesses on Facebook Advertise on Facebook.
- Facebook is the top marketing platform for B2B and B2C businesses.
- Facebook users click, on average, 8 ads per month.
- Marketers spend 20 times as much on TV ads to reach only twice the audience as Facebook videos.
- 78% of American consumers have discovered retail products to buy on Facebook.
- Ecommerce click-through rates have tripled in the past 2 y ears.
- Over 75% of Facebook users earn more than $75,000 annually.
- Average cost-per-click (CPC) for a Facebook ad is $1.72.
- Americans spend 58 minutes per day on Facebook.
- Every 60 seconds on Facebook: 510,000 comments are posted, 293,000 statuses are updated, and 136,000 photos are uploaded.