Voice interaction has been linked directly to local search with an increase in phone calls. Whether its to find restaurants, hotels, doctors, heating and air conditioning help, directions to a local address, local voice search is on the rise.
Consumers have begun to realize the value of voice-activated, user-friendly interactions. It is predicted that by 2020 half of all online searches will be voice searches.
According to BrightLocal Study:
- 58% of consumers have used voice search to find local business information within the last year.
- 46% of voice search users look for a local business daily.
- 27% visit the website of a local business after conducting a voice search.
- 76% of smart home speaker users conduct local searches at least once a week and 53% performing daily searches.
Use voice-activated devices least once per day1:
- 41% of all adults
- 65% of users age 25 to 49
- 59% of users age 18 to 24
- 57% of users age 50 and over
How voice searches are used2: