Category: Content Marketing
Content Marketing is marketing that “involves the creation and sharing of online material (such as videos, blogs, and social media posts) that does not explicitly promote a brand but is intended to stimulate interest in its products or services.”
Nearly a decade in and Content is still King when it comes to effectively marketing a business’ services or products.
- 72% of marketers say content marketing increases engagement
- Social Media is one of the most effective types of content for B2C businesses to use for content marketing.
- 84% of people expect businesses and brands to provide content that entertains, tells a story, provides a solution, or creates experiences and events.
- 94% of consumers plan to make a purchase from a business they follow.
- 70% of internet users want to learn about products through content rather than traditional ads.
- 66% of people have found a new business on Twitter.
- 69% of people have bought something because of a tweet.
- Half of all 18-to 34-year-old YouTube subscribers would drop what they are doing to watch a video by their favorite creator.
- 40% of Millennials trust videos more than other content.
- Blog posts are the most shared content online.
- 84% of Millennials don’t trust traditional ads.
- Generation Z purchasing decisions are influenced more by content than traditional ads.
- It is predicted that video will represent 82% of all internet traffic in 2021.
- Email marketing provides an ROI of $40 for every dollar spent.
- The average person consumes 4 pieces of content before making a purchasing decision.
- Content Marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates around 3 times as many leads.
Content Marketing isn’t going anywhere.
Creating an effective Content Marketing strategy requires a consistent content creation and posting. read more
Facebook Marketing for many was rough in 2018. With the data breaches, privacy issues, people shutting down their accounts, and the algorithm changes it was tough getting business messages in front of an audience.
However, if you implemented a few key themes your updates may have retained a reach and kept your audience engaged.
Buffer and BuzzSumo conducted a major study to determine the type of content that kept Facebook users captivated. The study combed through 777 million Facebook posts and then took a closer look at the top 500 most popular posts of 2018. read more
Social Media allows your business to attract an audience, interact with customers, engage with potential new customers, inspire followers to recommend your business, and showcase your business. However, the goal of Social Media is driving those people to your website, store, or office with the hope they will become paying customers and you will convert those followers into sales.
Unfortunately, it isn’t as easy as posting a link to your online store or a picture of one of your products. Social Media requires posting content that will encourage followers to click the link, or share the link, or pick up the phone and call you. read more
Content Marketing is “a type of marketing that involves the creation and sharing of online material (such as videos, blogs, and social media posts) that does not explicitly promote a brand but is intended to stimulate interest in its products or services.”1
Social Media is an important part of Content Marketing, the main venue for content to reach an audience of potential customers is Social Media.
Why is Content Marketing Important?
- Content Marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing but generates 3 times the amount of leads.2
- Content Marketing gets 3 times more leads than paid search advertising.3
- 74% of companies say Content Marketing increased their lead quantity and quality. 4
- LinkedIn is the most effective Social Media platform for delivering content and securing audience engagement.3
- 47% of buyers viewed 3 to 5 pieces of content before engaging with a Sales Rep.3
- Companies that implement Content Marketing strategies see 6 times higher conversion rates than those that don’t.5
- Companies that put their primary focus on Content Marketing generate 5 times more conversions.6
- 90% of consumers believe that companies producing custom content are interested in building long-term relationships with them.7
https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+content+marketing&oq=what+is+content+marketing&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4683j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 read more
“Content Marketing gets a business’s name out to the public in a way that is helpful to the target audience and does not require any action from their users. It gives to the public without demanding a return.”
In the good old days advertising was the best way to get consumers to learn about your business and get inspired to buy from you. Businesses counted on making sales through ads, in fact many put all their eggs into the advertising basket and focused the majority of their budgets on ads. However, advertising may not be the best way to make sales in today’s world. read more
Okay, you don’t have a huge marketing budget. However, if you want to stay in business, you are going to have to figure out how to find and keep a strong customer base. Face it, if people don’t know you exist, or don’t fully understand what you are selling (and why they need it) you will not be in business for long.
The Internet is the Thing
The simple fact is that most people begin their search for a product or service on the Internet. Even as long ago as 2012, 85% of people researched products and services online before a purchase. By 2015, 64% of all in-store sales were being influenced by Internet searches and 46% of consumers relied on Social Media to aid purchasing decisions. Those numbers are still rising. read more
An insurance company has developed an innovative new product that targets a rather large niche market. This product is unique and offers great protection to the targeted group. The insurance company has given an agent with ties to this targeted group, and who understands them, the opportunity to introduce this product. The Company has funded the agent’s initial marketing budget. Because he understands that a website and social media are important to his marketing strategy, he hired a web developer to publish his website and hired a professional Social Media Marketer. read more
It’s 2017, you finally did it, you finally pulled it all together and launched a Social Media Marketing and Advertising campaign. You post updates every day to your Social Accounts, you run an ad campaign, you publish a blog every month and you send out an email blast. So now you can sit back and wait for the customers to start banging down your door, right? Wrong!
In 2017 it’s all about Content Marketing Strategy. This is what is going to increase visibility, branding and sales.
What is Content Marketing Strategy?
Content Marketing Strategy assesses the “big picture” and tells a story. It focuses on engaging the audience and using content (on Social Media, your Website, your Blog and through Email blasts) to engage with an audience and drive profitable behaviors. read more