Summer 2019 is flying by us! July 4 is this week and Americans are getting ready to celebrate.
There is still time for your business to get in on the action and plan some fun events, either online or in person.
The 4th of July is a big holiday for retailers and service providers. Even if you don’t sell items related to the holiday, you can still capitalize on the festivities with a fantastic marketing campaign. Generate updates related to popular topics or events, share fireworks or parade schedules in your area, offer a patriotic item as a gift for all customers leading up to July 4th, etc.
Here are a few findings to get you started.
- The Average American household spends $346.50 on 4th of July food, beverages, transportation, and supplies.
- 28% of consumers plan to purchase more patriotic items this year.
- 65% of consumers own a US flag.
- 53% of Americans own patriotic themed apparel, such as t-shirts, bathing suites, or shoes.
4th of July Activities:
- 80% of Americans will attend a barbecue, picnic, or cookout.
- 66% of Americans fly the American Flag on the 4th of July.
- 63% of Americans will attend a fireworks display on the 4th.
Top 5 Fourth of July Day Mentions on Social Media:
Fireworks are the most discussed 4th of July activity on Social Media, generating almost 60% of all online mentions around things to do on July 4th.
Top 10 Fourth of July Hashtags:
Top Content Includes:
- Red, White & Blue
- 4th of July
Using the top content, top topics, and appropriate hashtags, here are a few ideas to make your Social Media campaign pop:
- Use patriotic images.
- Share fireworks schedules for your area (if you are a local business.)
- Share parade route and schedule for your area (if you are a local business.)
- Give away patriotic swag with your logo to all customers leading up to the 4th of July (magnet, frisbee, baseball, balloons, etc.)
- Share barbecue recipes and tips.
- Share tips for a terrific party.
Remember Social Marketing is not about your business, it’s about how your business can help, inform or entertain your audience so they will want to follow you and work with you!