Need a few reasons to take advantage of marketing and advertising on Social Media this holiday season? Your competition will be taking full advantage of Social Media avenues to push sales and drive traffic to their website while consumers will be influenced online to make purchases more than years past. You should be taking advantage of this joyous season to reach those consumers and beat your competition.
Here are 10 reasons you need to be using Social Media to market, advertise and run promotions and specials this Holiday Season:
- Holiday spending is expected to reach $650 billion this year. 1.32 billion Facebook Users, 271 million Twitter Users and 150 million Instagram Users will contribute to the $650 billion, don’t you want a piece of it? (OfferPop)
- 67% of Marketers will spend more on Social Media this year than last year’s holiday season. (OfferPop)
- More than 70% of brands are budgeting 50% of their marketing budgets to search and social. (CMO)
- 50% of sales will be influenced by digital interactions (online browsing). (CMO)
- #FREESHIP – 70% of online retailers will be shipping products for free this holiday season. (ForwardLasVegas)
- 92% of Marketers will be spending the majority of their budget on Facebook.
- Brick-and-Mortar retailers will be encouraging in-store pickup for online purchases. (ForwardLasVegas)
- CyberMonday has ranked as the top consumer spending day for the past 4 years. (ForwardLasVegas)
- 101.7 million consumers will make purchases on their mobile devices this year – up 37.3% from last year. (CMO)
- Facebook will dominate social spending this year. (CMO)
For information and ideas about Holiday Promotions you can provide for your business this season please see our slideshow Social Media Holiday Promotions or take a look at our Holiday Promotions INFOGRAPHIC (both are older, but the promotions still fit today.)